Eleven Hours to the Oregon Coast and Redwoods or Overnight and a Rogue Upriver jetboats Trip to Wilderness. Where else can you and a friend have an escorted, custom tour to the breathtakingly beautiful Redwoods National Forest and the Southern Oregon Coast all in one day? Or add overnight lodging and stretch it to two days!
Option 1: Oregon Coast and Redwoods Day Trip
Suggested Timeline: total time spent with four-five major stops from 8:30 am until 7:00 pm (approx. 10.5 hours)
1. Leaving Ashland/Medford or Grants Pass at 8:30 am and travel onto the Beautiful Redwoods Highway, there are:
Stops at Taylor Gourmet Meats, Cheeses and Jerkey in Cave Junction
Scenic views of the Illinois River and Smith River Canyon in Northern California
Stop at Stoney Creek Trail-Smith River National Recreation Area near the town of Gasquet, Ca — along the Redwood Highway 199 in Del Norte County to enjoy the botanical wonders of the Smith River Region, including naturally growing carnivorous plants.
2. We will walk briefly in the Giant Redwoods of the Redwoods National Park near Jedediah Smith State Park
3. Travel Northwest on the Hwy 101 through tulip farms to Brookings/Harbor (Oregon's seaport towns) on the Oregon Coast. Here we will eat lunch at the Chetco Seafood Comp
4. Visit Ocean views from high cliffs and drives down to the waterfront for tide pool viewing until 4:00 pm
5. Return trip 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm with return to Grants Pass/Medford/Ashland Oregon